Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Political Soapbox

Let's be honest, elections stink. Campaigns turn into smear campaigns even if the politician doesn't start it. I dispise watching these videos on U-tube that cut and edit speeches to change the meaning. It's an obvious attack on a fellow human being and idiots are doing it on both sides of the fence. What happened to what our parents taught about being the bigger person?

I have to admit, something about O'bama makes me uneasy (maybe it's the fact that the media is falling over their tonges in his wake), but I don't feel like seeing a bunch of lies being spread about him. Pictures that were obviously faked, stories that are outragious lies. The same thing is happening to McCain. COME ON PEOPLE!! The only people these falacies turn me against is the people producing them. Are they out for a good laugh? Do they think we'll be swayed one way of the other? Do they think we believe that pictures that come over the email haven't been digitally altered?

Okay, so some people are swayed by this. A lot of people actually, but this is a huge decision. People should have all the facts, the correct facts and be able to make an intelligent decision. Instead, we're left to question everything presented to us. Are the politicians sharing thier own views or the views their campaign manager wants them to share? Are they changing their mind or temporarliy changing their stance? Do they have the courage to stand up for what they believe in spite of the media backlash? Are they just smooth talkers or can they actually accomplish what they spout. Will they leave the American people the freedom to accomplish their own success?

For anyone who reads this, please note: I want the freedom to succeed. I want to be in charge of my own money and how I use that money to help the world. Don't spew me a load of garbage on helping "poor people." I help those around me to the best of my ability with what little funds I have. I don't give money to people who expect my charity, and I don't want my fellow Americans to be reliant on other people's goodwill. You're an American. That means you pick yourself up, and you make it happen. The government is responsible for our safety from foreign nations and the harmony with which our communities should run. The rest is up to you. That's what's so great about America. So, instead of spouting Change. I want to hear someone saying, we're going to put more emphasis on what already makes this nation great! "Accentuate the Positive!"

As with all thoughts on politics, this could lead off in 50 different directions, so I'll leave you with this: "Stand porter at the door."

No comments: